Job Title: Speech and Language Pathologist – Private Practice
Reports To: Lead Therapist
Hansel Union Consulting is an organization dedicated to serving families, children, and adults with intellectual and neurological, and developmental disabilities. Hansel Union Consulting has over 35 years of experience in the human service field and was the first organization in Virginia to offer Behavioral, Speech, Recreational, and Occupational therapies in one wrap-around service. We are an equal employment employer and do not discriminate based on race, age, gender, sexual orientation, or otherwise.
Hansel Union Consulting is looking for CCC and CF Speech-Language Pathologists. We pay competitively for our roles and have a great suite of benefits, including subsidized health insurance, a Roth IRA with a three percent match, six paid holidays per year, and two weeks of paid vacation. New graduates are welcome to apply! SLP opportunities with individuals from birth to end of life.
Hansel Union Consulting Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) Responsibilities:
What you’ll bring
- Experience developing and implementing evidence-based, individualized interventions appropriate for each patient.
- Administer formal and informal speech and language assessments. Score and interpret results and write evaluation reports with recommendations and treatment goals.
- Complete appropriate treatment notes, treatment plans, and progress notes.
- Abide by the ASHA Code of Ethics.
- Follow therapy schedule and communicate with clients and clinic coordinators regarding schedule changes.
- Participate in continuing education per VA and ASHA requirements.
- Maintain license and certification with Virginia Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology.
- Hold/Maintain a Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Hold a master’s degree in speech-language pathology/communication disorders.
- Required license or certification: VA SLP (Licensure in Speech-Language Pathology), American Speech and Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Be comfortable operating in ambiguous situations and in adjusting work expectations based on CDC guidelines
- Have a stable internet connection for telehealth options
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with individuals in the ID/DD community
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000 – $85,000 per year