Job Title: Recreational Therapist – Private Practice
Reports To: Lead Therapist
Hansel Union Consulting is an organization dedicated to serving families, children, and adults with intellectual and neurological, and developmental disabilities. Hansel Union Consulting has over 35 years of experience in the human service field and was the first organization in Virginia to offer Behavioral, Speech, Recreational, and Occupational therapies in one wrap-around service. We are an equal employment employer and do not discriminate based on race, age, gender, sexual orientation, or otherwise.
Hansel Union Consulting is looking for Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist in Virginia. We pay competitively for our roles and have a great suite of benefits, including subsidized health insurance, a Roth IRA with a three percent match, six paid holidays per year, and two weeks of vacation. New graduates are welcome to apply! Recreational therapy opportunities with individuals from birth to end of life.
Hansel Union Consulting Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist Responsibilities:
What you’ll bring
- Experience developing and implementing evidence-based, individualized interventions appropriate for each patient.
- Administer formal and informal recreational therapy assessments..
- Score and interpret results and write evaluation reports with recommendations and treatment goals.
- Write Recreation Therapy Summary, Report, and develop Recreation Therapy Plan to include recommendations and goals.
- Make and develop recreation/leisure resources to provide person-centered activities and programs.
- Complete appropriate treatment notes, treatment plans, and progress notes.
- Abide by the National Counsel Therapeutic Recreation Certification Ethics.
- Follow therapy schedule and communicate with clients and clinic coordinators regarding schedule changes.
- Participate in continuing education per requirements National Council Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- Maintain certification with National Counsel Therapeutic Recreation Certification.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in recreation therapy
- Required current certification with National Counsel Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- Be comfortable operating in ambiguous situations and in adjusting work expectations based on CDC guidelines
- Have a stable internet connection for telehealth options
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with individuals in the ID/DD community
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000 – $75,000 per year