Job Title: Behavior Therapist
Reports To: Lead Therapist
Behavior Therapist – Private Practice
Hansel Union Consulting, Portsmouth, VA
Hansel Union Consulting is an organization dedicated to serving families, children, and adults with intellectual and neurological, and developmental disabilities. Hansel Union Consulting has over 35 years of experience in the human service field and was the first organization in Virginia to offer Behavioral, Speech, Recreational, and Occupational therapies in one wrap-around service. We are an equal employment employer and do not discriminate based on race, age, gender, sexual orientation, or otherwise.
Hansel Union Consulting is looking for Behavior Therapists (BCBA, PBSF, LPC, Psychologist) in Virginia. We pay competitively for our roles and have a great suite of benefits, including subsidized health insurance, a Roth IRA with a three percent match, six paid holidays per year, and two weeks of paid vacation. New graduates are welcome to apply! Behavior Therapy opportunities with individuals from birth to end of life.
Hansel Union Consulting Behavior Therapist Responsibilities:
What you’ll bring
- Experience developing and implementing evidence-based, individualized interventions appropriate for each patient.
- Administer formal and informal behavior therapy assessments. Score and interpret results and write evaluation reports with recommendations and treatment goals.
- Complete appropriate treatment notes, treatment plans, and progress notes.
- Abide by the Board of Medicine or Positive Behavior Support Code of Ethics.
- Follow therapy schedule and communicate with clients and clinic coordinators regarding schedule changes.
- Participate in continuing education per VA and Board of Medicine and Positive Behavior Support requirements
- Maintain license and certification with VA Board of Medicine or certification with Positive Behavior Support.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Human Services with Behavior Therapy
- Required license VA Board of Medicine or Certification of Positive Behavior Support
- Be comfortable operating in ambiguous situations and in adjusting work expectations based on CDC guidelines
- Have a stable internet connection for telehealth options
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with individuals in the ID/DD community
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year